Using surveys and feedback from my clients, I’ve put together a guide to help men with lingerie gift shopping this holiday season.
Here are some tips – straight from the mouths of women – just for you, gentlemen…
Try to pay attention to what she wears every day under her clothes – to work, at home, or out on a date. Does she wear the same bra day after day? Does she complain about them being uncomfortable or not fitting properly? Does she own alot of lingerie that she doesn’t wear? Maybe she wants more of her favorite bra? Maybe she needs a professional bra fitting? The answer to these questions will clue you in on what she really needs… and ultimately, what she’ll actually wear when it comes to lingerie.
2. Understand That Your Idea Of Sexy May Not Be Her Idea Of Sexy.
When you hear the word “lingerie”, what’s the first thing that comes to mind? A sheer nightie? Thigh highs and a strappy corset? Boyshorts and a tank? Although men’s preferences vary, most are drawn to garments that show the most skin, and unfortunately, this is not what most women want to wear. If you want to send her confidence through the roof and make her feel incredibly sexy, look for lingerie that compliments her body.
Keep reading to learn how…
3. Never, ever, EVER Guess Her Size.
If you are unsure of your partner’s size, DO NOT just take a guess. This will likely have a disastrous outcome. A few ways you can determine her size is:
- Check some of the tags in her clothing AND lingerie wardrobe. Make sure you’re checking items she currently wears, not items that have been hanging untouched in her closet for years.
- Ask her sister or best friend for her sizes. Chances are, they have shopped together and/or discussed sizing at one point or another.
- If she frequents any specific stores or boutiques, call and see if they keep customer sizing information on file. Many do!
4. Explore Her Likes & Dislikes.
You’ve most likely heard your partner comment on the things she dislikes about her body… Most women are terrible at keeping these things to ourselves. If you can’t recall any, try to observe her clothing preferences instead. Examine what she actually wears, not just what’s hanging in her closet. Is it mostly loose-fitting blouses? Skinny jeans? Short skirts? Snug t-shirts? Baggy pants? Her clothing preferences are a great indicator for which body parts she likes to flaunt, and which ones she likes to hide.
IF SHE LIKES TO HIDE HER BELLY
She may wear tops that drape or fit loosely, dresses, and large belts or sashes over her outfits. She may also wear shapewear (although you might never see it). Stay away from sheer and/or clingy fabrics. Try these options:
- Sexy babydolls that drape or hang:
IF SHE LIKES TO HIDE HER HIPS AND/OR THIGHS
She may wear loose-fitting pants, wide-legged slacks, or skirts. Also possibly thigh-slimming shapewear under her clothing. Stay away from super short garments and stringy panties. Try these options:
OTHER SAFE ALTERNATIVES
If you are unsure as to what parts of her body she may or may not like, these sexy options are safe for most body issues. Robes and kimonos, sexy men’s or night shirts, and pajama sets with feminine details like lace or ribbon trims. The softer and more luxurious the fabrics, the better!!!
5. Let Her Choose Her Gift.
A gift card is an excellent option when shopping for undergarments and apparel. Although it may seem a bit impersonal, there are many ways to spice up a shop-for-yourself gift:
- Pair it with a photo of the item(s) you have in mind. If she recieves a gift card with a specific idea of something sexy you’d like to see her in, your chances of her actually wearing it (or something similar) are way higher.
- Package it with a related item or accessory. For example, we typically gift wrap a gift certificate with a sexy panty, pheromone infused lingerie wash, or a massage candle. Something to enhance the intimate ambience.
- Scratch the gift card and take her shopping yourself! Make a fun date out of it… surprise her with a shopping spree followed by dinner or drinks.
(Check out our new Couple’s Holiday Shopping offer!)
6. Don’t Be Afraid To Go ALL OUT.
I once had a man-client pull off this AMAZINGLY romantic and elaborate gift for his soon-to-be-fiance. He set up an entire day as a scavenger hunt with clues at each location leading to her next activity. She got a massage, a manicure & pedicure, a shopping spree for lingerie, hair & make-up styling, and a wardrobe styling session complete with a dress & pair of shoes. After this full day of pampering, her last clue led to a restaurant where her man was waiting for her (with a ring!).
Although this idea was planned for a proposal, something like this could be easily done as an extra special gift anytime!
7. Remember, It’s The Thought That Means Most.
Taking the time to figure out her size, preferences, and favorite things is truly a gift in itself. Putting forth effort to make sure that your purchase is something she’ll absolutely love means more than the gift itself. If you put your heart into her gift, she’ll know. THIS, gentlemen, is how you can ensure your gift will be a complete success!
Please visit Lola’s Fitting Room, Co. for more tips and ideas, or to purchase some of the items/services mentioned above!